Up there with your home, college is one of the largest investments of time and resources you will ever make in your life.
So how do you get the best return on your college investment? How do you begin to know what opportunities exist?
This is about opening your eyes to the vast world of opportunity.
It’s very simple: purposeful planning. You need to look at your college years as direct preparation for a career – the kind of career that will bring you happiness and fulfillment.
Your college coursework and academic program, along with internships and jobs, should all be aligned closely with a clear career path – and I am here to help you define your destination, develop your career narrative and “personal brand,” and optimize your chances for success!
In our college counseling sessions, you will:
- Figure out career options that will best reflect your skills, talents, and life goals, thinking “outside the box” so that you can discover promising and fulfilling career opportunities that you never knew existed
- Identify majors and degrees that suit your personality, strengths, skills, and career goals
- Set goals and design action plans to achieve personal, academic, and career aspirations
- Make connections between your college coursework and the world of work that will help you stay motivated and focused
- Find internships, work opportunities, and job shadowing programs to help you learn more about the workplace and to build your career resume
- Uncover ways to seize opportunities while you are still a college student that will prepare you for the world of work
- Learn how to communicate your value to future employers
- Acquire skills to effectively tell your story and present yourself with confidence in admissions and employment interviews
- Gain a competitive edge with the strategies and tools you need for your job campaigns, interviews, and resume-building years.
We will begin our work together by finding a focus – uncovering your passions and skills, planning your education, and identifying promising majors and occupations in a competitive, dynamic global marketplace that will lead to fulfillment and success for you. The process is fun, exciting, and eye-opening; you will be amazed at what you discover.
FOR PARENTS OF COLLEGE-BOUND YOUTH
Your young adult has a bright future ahead. I am here to help your child chart a course that will optimize success and fulfillment – in college, in career, and in life.
I don’t steer a student in one particular direction, but rather utilize well-respected, effective tools and strategies to help draw out what he or she is passionate about and where his or her skills lie as we design academic and internship programs to help them lead successful, happy, and meaningful lives.
In our sessions, I will:
- Equip students with greater self-awareness
- Educate students about post-secondary school opportunities worldwide
- Partner with students and parents to simplify, manage, and control the college selection and application process
- Challenge students to develop and employ the fundamental skills critical for college and career success
- Help students identify promising college majors, courses, and career paths that will capitalize on personal skills, interests, values, goals, and needs
- Develop plans for occupational discovery, transferable skill identification, and competencies required for successful career management
- Inform, coach, support, and inspire students to invest their energy and time into their own learning and planning
Encourage students to make the most of their high school and college years by helping them put these years in context of their long-term goals.